Thursday 31 May 2012

Bunker Short w/ Joe Tippett & Bob Brice

During the proposals in college with everyone's pitches, Joe and Bob's project really appealed to me and I mentioned to them straight away that I was really interesting in being part of their crew and hoped to take on the role as Director of Photography/Cinematographer. They said to me that they'd really like me to be on board as part of their crew.

Their initial idea of a short Sci-Fi time travel film really reminded me of the likes of Time Crimes and Primer, two films that I personally really enjoyed and certainly within the genre of science fiction that I would like to shoot from a visual perspective, as the genre is open to visual interpretation of lighting styles.

For my research for this role on the project, I plan I researching and revisiting the two above mentioned films for refreshment and hope to find inspiration for the upcoming project.

They plan on shooting the film on DSLR which is great as I'm really keen to expand my experience with filming on this format and already own my own Canon 550D; Joe and Bob have found a location on the net of a dis-used nuclear bunker near Salcombe and are in the process of planning a Recce shoot, I will hopefully be able to attend this as it will be a great help in finding inspiration from the location itself for how I'd imagine the film is going to look aesthetically.

No comments:

Post a Comment