Thursday 31 May 2012

Research: Time Crimes (2007, dir Nacho Vigalondo)



Time Crimes for me is certainly the film that the project has most in common with; certainly from a story and plot perspective. Looking at this film from the view of a cinematographer and d.o.p. I really like the films use of shadows to create a tense and mysterious atmosphere, and this is something that I would like to implement to this project, the use of high black contrast in scenes and casting shadows of our characters face to give them an edgy feel, hopefully portraying to our audience the characters dilemma and feeling of loneliness.

For our films lighting, I think that it would be interesting to make use of both LED lighting and the Dedo lights in the production of the film and look to actually keep the lighting quite minimal i.e. with the likes of Chiaroscuro and much like the German Expressionist movement of film.

Time Crimes works really well with regards to the science of time travel and certainly portrays this to the audience much better than Primer (2004). But what I really like is that the film really works on as a Horror piece and I'm hoping that I will get the freedom on this project to add my own horror element to this project without actually taking anything away from Joe and Bob's initial idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment