Thursday 31 May 2012

Lighting/Floor Plans

Below are some scanned copies of the Lighting/Floor Plans that I drew for the project, I've included a handful of those that were the most complex of shots with creative lighting and camera movement.

Tracking shot of character, ending with him walking to double doors; LED light attached to the front of dolly to give the shot even lighting throughout the tracking, and I'm free handing another LED sweeping light across characters face like a flashlight catching his attention, before I swift dash out of shot as he gets up and the dolly tracks to a still with the double doors in shot.

Tracking and Crane shot with Camera moving down into the hatch in the floor. With me tilting the camera head down in tandem with the dolly and crane arm moving forward and descending.

Merlin Steadicam shot in the hallway (2nd part of complex one shot). Joe on skates with the Merlin, Bob pushing him along with Patrick keeping parallel with Led light attached to tripod shining light from overhead.

Merlin Steadicam shot down in crawlspace (1st part of complex one shot); Dedo lights almost giving a silhouette of actor with 2nd Dedo giving the scene nice highlights; I'm operating the Zoom h4n recording the sound and then following our actor with the Merlin as him walks towards me and climbs out of the hatch, at which point I have to stretch to pass over the Merlin through a tight gap to Joe without knocking the Merlin out of balance

Close up shot of Actor in 'Boardroom'; 1st Dedo highlighting Actor's face, whilst 2nd Dedo is bouncing off back wall to give the scene nice even lighting whilst showing up the formulas written on the backlit board; I'm having to diffuse the light from the 2nd Dedo with 2 LED clear covers to get the desired look.

Tracking shot in 'boardroom'; I'd place a Lucozade bottle and mobile phone down on the floor at a right angle so that I could see the stop point of the tracking shot accurately from my operating position of pushing the dolly forward. Dedo Light is bouncing off the ceiling whilst the other is highlighting our actor's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment