Monday 30 April 2012

1st Shoot Day @ Jack Cham's (15/04/12)

Production still of Jack Cham's Shoot


The first day of filming was a rather hit and miss experience; the day looked to go all badly wrong, when the group of burlesque dancers who we had arranged to come down for the day to pose as Zombie strippers, failed to turn up and gave us no notice that they weren't attending. But instead of letting the day go to waste we were still able to shoot a key interview scene with our actor playing Mr. K. Because of the lack of dancers I had to make sure that I kept a tight angle for the interview so that when it comes to re-shooting at Jack Cham's with the dancers, then there won't be an obvious continuity error. We were also informed that the stage at the pub is due to be taken down, which has put an end to my initial plan to have the dancers on stage in the scenes and also limited me to what I could shoot today; again for continuity.

I set up numerous cameras on location for nice cutaways and to sync the sound for the edit process, I also expanded my role on set to assistant director because I knew our actor from long ago and helped him feel comfortable on set and also talked to him as to where to stand on set, so that he could express an authoritativeness in the scene and come across as a powerful character.

We are planning a second day of shooting at Jack Cham's and this time we have been promised that the burlesque dancers will definitely turn up to the shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment