Monday 30 April 2012

Research: Rubber (2010, dir Quentin Dupieux)



I watched Rubber (2010) as part of my research, because the film itself was shot on a 5D MKII and personally I was aware of any major documentary that had been shot on a DSLR camera; I chose this film to watch to see if I could spot any flaws in the film that were directly linked to the fact that it was shot on a DSLR camera, looking for any technical reasons as to why the film might have been better being shot on a film camera rather than a DSLR.

After watching the film, I really didn't notice anything wrong with the film from the technical point of view and didn't feel that the use of a DSLR limited or held back the film itself from working; though the majority of the film was quite simple camera work, there was still moments of camera movement and following of objects that were kept in focus. After seeing this film I really don't see why we can't approach this project and shot on our own Canon 550D cameras; they are certainly making a strong movement in the industry and Rubber (2010) proves that you can shoot a highly successful feature on a DSLR so why not a documentary?


No comments:

Post a Comment