Monday 30 April 2012

Original Idea: The Lonely Dead

Our initial idea was born from Rob Cooper who approached me with a idea for a zombie short film series that he had a rough idea for; with the notes that he gave me and a couple of group meetings with the rest of the crew (Ross Carter and Damian Suparasiri), I went away and wrote up a draft treatment for the first episode entitled "The Pain of being Dead" and also wrote character backgrounds for the 3 lead characters of the series.

I thought that Rob's idea had good potential but just needed some added depth to the story and characters to make it stand out from the rest of the zombie genre material that already exists in such vast volume. So I wrote a full page treatment with the approach of creating a story that would be Night of the Living Dead (1968, dir George A. Romero) meets The Day of the Beast (1995, dir Alex de la Iglesia).

Myself and Rob along with the rest of the group had numerous group meetings discussing the progress and direct of the script and the over arcing story and character development for the first episode, with the writing being my role in the project. I looked to have a script that would essentially tell the story of 3 misfits traversing the local environment in search of safety from the zombie apocalypse whilst each individual was battling their own inner demons.

No comments:

Post a Comment