Monday 30 April 2012

Research: Grizzly Man (2005, dir Werner Herzog)



As part of my research into documentaries, I re-watched Werner Herzog's 2005 film; Grizzly Man. What I particularly like about this film is that Herzog himself doesn't come across as approaching the story of Timothy Treadwell and this is the kind of approach that I feel we should be aiming for with our project; Herzog himself rarely seems to be too intrusive into the personal lives of others, rather he just tries to document and tell the stories of others to his audience, and from my point of view on this project I feel that I really need to take this approach into my style of filming, I really just want to try and capture the human side of our characters, capturing their emotions, spending the time to record their feelings on camera and not intruding on their active life styles. That is the approach that I feel will work best for the mocku-mentary, knowing how to capture the image and the emotion of those being interviewed and documenting their stories and emotions without making them feel like we as a film crew are intruding into their personal lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment