Monday 30 April 2012

Script for Original Idea

Here below is the script for the original idea behind The Lonely Dead; it's about 80% complete for it's rough draft; to help me write and develop the script I wrote it in my own personal style and just as I had got to this point in the script, we as a group decided that we didn't want to go ahead with this style as The Walking Dead had become rather a big success and we didn't want to risk coming off as repeating a formula that already exists.

Pages 1 & 2

Pages 3 & 4

Pages 5 & 6

Pages 7 & 8

For me as a developmental piece I really got alot out of writing this script and in the future I am actually planning to finish this script off completely and might even look at the prospect of filming the first episode as I personally feel that with my approach to the genre it has the potential to really stand out; with the overall aspect and feel of the idea for making a short episode that crosses the likes of Night of the Living Dead and Day of the Beast, I feel that this script once the first draft is complete has some interesting scenarios that could really make it stand out from the other entries in the zombie genre. I would say that during my time writing this script I've become more confident with writing dialogue through just pure persistence, but I still feel that it's a key area that I need to further develop if my script writing skills are to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment