Monday 30 April 2012

Meeting with Rob with regards to 6th Shoot Day

Earlier Today (Tuesday 22nd May) I met up with Rob in the LRC to discuss the upcoming shoot day at Thai Palace, due to unforeseen no-shows from various different parties during this project, our production has suffered quite a few setbacks and this has meant that I'm unable to attend the final shoot day this Sunday as I'm already committed to another project with Joe Tippett and Robert Brice; unfortunately I've had to choose between the two and decided that it would be best for all parties if I went to the shoot with Joe and Bob. So today I discussed with Rob the plans that I had for the restaurant scene and told him all the different angles that were needed to be covered on set; as Rob had attended the Recce shoot that we did in pre-production it was easy to explain everything that was required from the camera side of things for the shoot this Sunday; I've asked him to take this brief on board and delegate the roles on Sunday as he sees fit.

This situation I feel was handled in the best possible way under the circumstances; for me I think that I will get more out of filming with Joe and Bob at the Bunker this Sunday from a personal and professional standpoint; but that doesn't change the fact that I'm feeling a bit guilty about leaving my crew one man short for the final day of shooting. But I feel that this discussion with Rob has proved to be very constructive and we communicated extremely well with each other and I know that what I've asked of him he will try to achieve to the best of his abilities and will make the right decision for sharing the extra work load among-st the rest of the crew.

An argument could be made that I might have taken on one too many projects in such a small space of time and that I should have seen this conflict of interest coming, but I feel that this zombie project has just had one serious case of bad luck and we couldn't have known that we'd be let down so badly by so many people, in future I think that I will certainly consider this repeating itself when contemplating taking on more than one project at a time, and would have contingency plans set in place to try and avoid this from repeating again.

No comments:

Post a Comment